Makarora Tourist Centre is located at the head of Lake Wanaka and conveniently placed approximately halfway between Queenstown and the glaciers. It borders the renowned Mount Aspiring National Park. The property offers a unique lifestyle with a growing and profitable business.
Reasons to buy:
- Multiple income streams
- Sales and profit continue to improve
- 7.93 hectares (approx) on 2 titles
- Development potential
- Located on a major arterial route popular with tourists.
Makarora Tourist Centre offers multiple income streams:
- Accommodation: caters for up to 150 guests, comprising 26 cabins/chalets and 24 powered sites for tents and caravans
- Shop and fuel: sells souvenirs, groceries and fuel with both petrol and diesel available
- Cafe and bar: the cafe offers breakfast, lunch and dinner and the bar is fully licensed
- Facilities comprise of an outdoor swimming pool, 2 communal lodges with fully equipped kitchen and log burner.
- Owner’s and staff accommodation: The owner’s residence comprises of 4 bedrooms and staff quarters allow for 3 single staff. Other facilities include a double garage, workshop with 3 car garage, storeroom and laundry, a dangerous goods shed and implement shelter.
A separate title (30 Rata Rd) of approximately 4.15 hectares had a resource consent (now lapsed) for 9 sections. The land contains a small one bedroom cottage and another area has been developed for camping with water and 13 power points. The zoning comes under the Makarora ‘township’ zone.
Development options could include (subject to obtaining necessary consents):
• Residential subdivision
• Adventure theme park
• Education centre
• Expand the tourist centre
• Motel or hotel complex
Centrally located and adjacent to the local airport, there are many activities the area has to offer including helicopter and fixed wing scenic flights, thrilling jet boat rides, nature walks, hiking, hunting, fishing and tramping.
Listing ID: EL00618
For more information or to view this listing, please contact:
LINK Auckland, Ellerslie
M | 021 1779760